Codes, Town of Ohio, NY
Responsible for the enforcement and administration of the New York State Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code within the Town of Ohio, NY. This deals with the new construction of buildings within the Town, certain repairs to existing buildings that are structural in nature, and property maintenance issues as regulated by the New York State Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code.
Town Board Appointed
138 Kelly Road
Ohio, NY 13324
email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Information is available in the following PDF's (requires Acrobat Reader):
- Permit Requirements
- Building Permit Application
- Shoreline Restrictions
- Manufactured Home Data Sheet
- Citizens Guide to Adirondack Park Agency Land Use Regulations
- Adirondack Park Agency Jurisdictional Inquiry Form
- Caring for Your Septic System
Areas that are outside of the Codes Enforcer jurisdiction:
- Land use and zoning information. The Town has no local zoning regulations. The Adirondack Park Agency has jurisdiction on these items. http://www.apa.ny.gov/
- If I build a garage how much will my taxes go up? The Assessors need to answer this question.
- Burning of brush or a demolished building. The Forest Ranger needs to issue a permit for this activity. http://www.dec.ny.gov/about/679.html Currently Adam Pickett for the southern end of Town. Gregory Hoag for North/South Lake area.